Characteristics, properties and uses of osb oriented strand board
Oriented strand board, is a kind of synthetic wood, which is dried, screened, flat, narrow and long shavings with adhesives and additives applied, and a structural board formed by hot pressing after directional paving. In developed countries in Europe and the United States, it has been widely used in construction, packaging, furniture, decoration and other fields. It is a good structural material and outdoor material. It has the characteristics of good stability, low material consumption, high strength, strong waterproofness and environmental protection.
First, the advantages of oriented strand board
1. It has high physical and mechanical properties, compact structure and high strength
2. It has triple features of anti-deformation, anti-peeling and anti-warping
3, anti-corrosion, anti-moth, anti-deformation, strong flame retardant ability
4. Complete waterproof performance, can be permanently exposed to natural environment and wet conditions
5. The formaldehyde emission is extremely low, which is a real green environmental protection product
6. Strong nail grip, easy to saw, nail, drill, groove, plan, file or sand
7. It has excellent heat insulation and sound insulation effect, and has good painting performance.
Second, the use of oriented strand board
1. Timber structure buildings: exterior wall cladding, roof cladding, subfloor, structural insulation panels, I-beams, single-layer flooring
2. Packing boxes, cargo boxes, shelves, pallet skids (heavy machinery and equipment)
3. Truck body, loading and unloading chassis
4. Display board, lining board
5. Storage boxes and storage cabinets
Third, the performance of oriented strand board
1. Decoration materials, fashion furniture, kitchen furniture
OSB is the abbreviation of Oriented Strand Board in English, and it is also translated as Oriented Strand Board in China. It is a new type of material from Europe. It is made of 100% logs, peeled, sliced, and grown into 40mm120mm, 5mm-20mm wide, 0.3mm-0.7mm thick wood chips along the direction of the wood grain. After drying at high temperature, high-performance glue and waterproofing agent are added after screening. It is arranged in layers and oriented according to its warp and weft directions, and is made under high temperature and high pressure. Through modern high-tech means, OSB adopts solid wood lamination technology and "zero formaldehyde" process to deeply process wood, which not only retains the natural characteristics of wood, but also endows OSB board with more excellent characteristics than solid wood, as follows
2. High flexural strength, can be used for load-bearing walls of light steel structure buildings
3. Strong moisture resistance, small coefficient of linear expansion, not easy to deform, stable in size, uniform in material holding force, strong in impact resistance, and free of fumigation for export
Compared with traditional plywood, OSB has a small linear expansion coefficient (not easy to deform), good stability, uniform material, and high screw-holding force; because its shavings are arranged in a certain direction, its longitudinal bending strength is much larger than that in the transverse direction. Therefore, it can be used as a structural material and can be used as a force-bearing member, and its strength is higher than that of traditional plywood.
At present, OSB has been widely used in villas, furniture, packaging and other fields in the world. It is one of the new high-strength solid wood panels with high technological content and environmental protection in wood processing technology.
Copyright © 2021 Chanta Group. All rights reserved. Technical support:Chanta Group. sitmap